The SAWS Market Street pump station, which currently produces over 40 million gallons per day for the city, is located at wells that were originally drilled in 1891. Originally steam driven, the pumps were updated in 1956 to be powered with electricity. Neighboring the pump station is the Briscoe Museum of Western Art, but prior to it, was The Carnegie Library, San Antonio’s first public library and later became the city’s central library. Most recently, the pump station added onsite chlorination. Although the pump station operations are relatively discreet, the 800,000 gallon storage tank is easily visible from the Arneson River Theatre and from the adjacent Hilton Palacio del Rio.